2020 Texas HPV Coalition Summit
The Texas HPV Coalition is holding a four-day Summit that will take place virtually for one hour each morning [9:00-10:00 AM (CST)]. Each session will have a different focus and expert speakers/panels. There is also time dedicated to open discussion from 10:00-10:30 AM.
Sessions are free and open to those interested. Texas HPV Coalition membership is not required. Feel free to forward to colleagues.
Click the below Zoom link for all four sessions!
- Meeting ID: 826 2249 3962
- Passcode: 473059
- Mobile: +13462487799,,82622493962# US (Houston)
November 17th – Where are we?
Texas data updates: 2019 NIS-Teen report; HPV related cancers; and Covid-19 impact on wellness visits
- Melanie Williams, PhD, Texas Cancer Registry, Director, Cancer Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch
- Gregory Yoder, MPH, MBA, Merck, Director, Public Health Innovation & Partnerships
November 18th – What have we learned?
New American Cancer Society recommendations; Vaccinations DSHS Dental survey presentation;
- Debbie Saslow, PhD, American Cancer Society, Managing Director, HPV & GYN Cancers
- Holly Garza, DVM, MPH, TX Department of State Health Services, Immunization Unit
- Brittany Akl, RDH, MSHS, TX Department of State Health Services, Program Operations Coordinator
November 19th – Where do we want to be?
Coalition whitepaper presentation on state vaccination data; Breakout Discussion; Re-engaging missed vaccinations and ImmTrac2 opportunities
- Sanja Shete, PhD, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Deputy Division Head, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences
- TX Department of State Health Services, Immunization Unit
November 20th – How do we get there?
Discuss advocacy opportunities, getting back-on-track with wellness visits, vaccination exemptions and delinquencies, 2021 opportunities and call to action
Rosalind Bello, MA, CPHQ, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Direct, Cancer Control
- Troy Alexander, Texas Medical Association, Director, Legislative Affairs
- Rekha Lakshmanan, MHA, The Immunization Partnership, Director, Advocacy and Public Policy
- Lori Anderson, MD, Pediatrician and Texas Pediatric Society & Foundation Board Liaison